Have you adapted your safety program to comply with the new COR Legislation that came into effect this past January? Or are you going to be applying for your COR Audit for the first time? No matter your level of experience with COR, all companies will be audited at a new level of standards, including updates to:
- New element added: Public, Visitors and Contracted Employers (Element 2);
- New element added: Health and Safety Committees/Health and Safety Representatives (Element 3) and;
- New legislated content: Workplace violence and harassment prevention plans are evaluated within the Hazard Control element (Element 6).
In preparation for your audit, you should also familiarize yourself with the ASCA’s New Audit Tool Highlights such as:
- The new audit tool will consist of 10 elements in total, with 5 fewer questions than the prior tool
- The Auditor will award zero or full points and the positive indicator requirement has increased to a minimum of 70% (unless otherwise specified)
- Audit timelines have also changed with the Data Collection Period remaining at 45 days, but the Report Writing & Submission dropping down to a maximum of 21 days
With so many updates, your company and staff’s health and well-being at stake, and only one chance to pass, Safety Ahead can help you prepare and a rebuild your safety program in a timely and efficient manner.
At Safety Ahead we offer comprehensive Safety Program Assessments and Audits, including preparation for the ACSA audits for COR Certification. We work with you and your team to change your organizational culture into one that focuses on safety at its core. Over the course of 3 to 6 months, our coaching and assistance will help you develop an ongoing plan of safety action that can be turned over and fully managed, easily and successfully, by you. Now is the time to be proactive and prepare for your COR Audit with the guidance and proven track record of Safety Ahead.
“Over the past 6 years, Modular Services Inc. has contracted Safety Ahead Ltd. Recently they have worked with us to update our health and safety manual to the revised ACSA COR Requirements. With the recent manual change, Modular Services Inc. was able to secure another COR Certificate for an additional 3 years with a score of 96% on the external audit.”
– Justin Davyduke, Director of Modular Services Inc.
Many other Safety Ahead clients have earned COR Audit scores within the high 90s after receiving our tailored training and easy to follow safety plan process for their business.
If you are due for your COR Audit and are not yet ready for the new legislation, connect with Safety Ahead today to get it done and get it done right!
For more information on our COR Audit preparedness training, and to update your health and safety program to the 2019 standards, contact email@example.com or call 780-473-4772.
Cited: Alberta Construction Safety Association http://www.youracsa.ca/cor-secor/2019-audit-tool/